At The Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Centre we want to make sure we provide you with the best service that we can to give you an enjoyable experience whilst at The Centre. After all, without your support we would not be able to continue the work that we do.
However, we know that there may be times when we can make mistakes. When this does happen we want to hear about it, deal with the situation as quickly as possible and put measures in place to stop it happening again.
We take complaints very seriously and treat them as an opportunity to develop and improve our systems. So if you have a complaint you’d like to raise please follow the simple procedure below.
You can choose one of the following ways to get in touch with us:
- You can call us on 0131 625 0700. One of our friendly Reception Team will be ready and willing to help. Our phone lines are open Monday to Thursday from 10am to 9pm and Fridays 10am to 4pm. Outside of these hours you can always leave us a message and a contact number and someone will return your call as soon as they can.
- You can email us at email@example.com.
- Or you can write to us at:
The Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Centre25 Palmerston PlaceEdinburghEH12 5AP
What information we’ll need from you
We will need:
- a clear, detailed description of what your complaint is about
- copies of any letters or emails related to the complaint
- your name, address and contact telephone number so that we can get back in touch with you easily.
We aim to respond to complaints within 20 working days. If we can’t reply to you within this time, we will let you know and tell you when you can expect a reply.
If the problem is still unresolved, you can make a formal complaint to the Venue Manager.
How to make a formal complaint
You can call us on 0131 625 0700 and ask for the Venue Manager, who will be available for calls Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm. .
- You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or you can write to us at:
The Sir Arthur Conan Doyle CentreFAO: Shereen Elder, Centre Manager25 Palmerston PlaceEdinburghEH12 5AP
All formal complaints will be copied to the Board of Trustees.
What happens next
When you’ve made your complaint, we will:
- send an email to let you know that we’ve received it (as long as you’ve provided a valid email address)
- investigate your complaint (looking to answer your questions and what we can do to rectify the situation)
- write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
What to do If you’re not satisfied
We really hope that our Reception Team or the Venue Manager are able to resolve your complaint in an honest, open and satisfactory way. However if after contacting them you are still unhappy then you can write, by post, directly to our Board of Trustees.
Please outline the details of the complaint, why you have not been satisfied with our response up to now and what you would like us to do to put things right.
The Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Centre
FAO: Board of Trustees
25 Palmerston Place
Our aim is to improve
We treat all comments and complaints as an opportunity to improve and will try to prevent them from happening again in the future.
All complaints received will be copied to members of the Board of Trustees to ensure we are offering a fair and trustworthy service.
Thank you for helping us to provide a better service.