These Terms and Conditions relate to The Arthur Conan Doyle Centre, 25 Palmerston Place, Edinburgh, EH12 5AP, hereafter referred to as ‘The Centre’.
12 months and longer
– £500 deposit required to secure the venue along with a signed contract. 2 weeks within a provisional booking being made. Your deposit is non-refundable.
– Arrange Wedding Officiant
– Decide on your Wedding Package
– Book your wedding suppliers. Your Wedding Coordinator will be happy to help you select the suppliers right for you. From photographers, stylists, hair and makeup, pipers and DJ’s
– Pay 50% of the estimated final balance to The Centre, 4 months prior to your wedding
– Come in for a meeting with your Wedding Planner to start planning your Wedding
2 Months before
– Finalise the order of service with your Wedding Planner and Officiant
1 Month before
– Confirm final numbers with The Centre
– Pay the final balance in full. No refunds will be made after this date.
1-2 Weeks before
– Menu choices must be sent to The Centre
– Entertainment Public Liability Insurance and PAT Tests must be provided to The Centre
– Final details meeting with your Wedding Planner at The Centre
- We will provisionally hold your Wedding Date for two weeks, after which time we will ask you to confirm with a £500 deposit payment. Otherwise we will release the date.
- Once your £500 deposit is received, a wedding contract will be issued. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable in the event of cancellation.
- 50% of the estimated total is payable four months prior to the wedding date.
- The final balance is payable no later than one month prior to the wedding date.
- The final numbers, chosen menus and menu pre-orders are required two weeks prior to the wedding date.
- If final number of guests increases The Centre must be informed no later than 72 hours before the wedding date. Any last minute additions you may wish to make will incur an additional charge.
- When you have both your wedding breakfast and evening reception at the centre, you are required to choose one of our evening buffet menus for all your guests.
- Our all-inclusive wedding package is based on a minimum of 60 guests. If your guest numbers are below our minimum requirement, our package may not be offered and a bespoke offer will be put together.
- No price reduction will be given should any element of our packages not be required or numbers fall below the minimum requirement.
- All prices include VAT at the current rate and may be subject to change.
- The hirer shall accept that he/she shall be responsible for their guests to comply with the ‘No Smoking’ Policy that became law on 26th March 2006.
- The Centre Management reserves the right to amend menus necessary to comply with any change to the legislation or meet any exceptional circumstances.
- The Centre Management reserves the absolute right to deny admission where it is deemed necessary for the protection of the premises, guests, and members of staff or the enjoyment of others in the premises or in accordance with legislation.
- The hirer shall accept that he/she shall be responsible for the loss and / or damage caused to The Centre’s premises or equipment or part thereof attributable to their party. The hirer shall accept that he/she will be responsible for the reasonable costs in making good in a proper and workmanlike manner any such loss and/or damage.
- Entertainment Liability – It is the responsibility of The Hirer to inform their DJ/Bands that The Centre requires that loud music should cease at 11pm. The Centre also requires proof of Public Liability Insurance and of P.A.T Testing for any electrical equipment that may be used on the premises. These should be shown or emailed to The Centre no later than 14 days prior to the function. Should the Disco/Band be unable to provide these certificates they will not be allowed to perform at The Centre.
- The Centre cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused to the hirer’s equipment or personal belongings, however caused. This includes any loss or damage incurred whilst the equipment or belongings are stored on the premises unless proven to have been caused by the negligence on the part of The Centre’s personnel whilst performing duties.
- Whilst every effort will be made to provide the preferred function suite requested, the booking conditions are not subject to a particular suite and may be subject to change in unforeseen circumstances.
- All cancellations must be forwarded in writing to The Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Centre and you must receive written confirmation in writing from The Centre to confirm that your wedding has indeed been cancelled
- For cancellation up to 16 weeks before the Wedding date, an administration charge of £400 will be applied to cover costs and potential loss.
- For cancellation less that 16 weeks before the Wedding date, the following charges will apply:
– 50% of the estimated account will be payable if cancellation is made less than 16 weeks but more than 6 weeks written notice.
– 75% of the estimated account will be payable if cancellation is made less than 6 weeks but more than 2 weeks written notice.
100% of the estimated account will be payable if cancellation is made less than 2 weeks written notice.
In the event of transferring the date of your Wedding, an administration charge will occur and must be payable to The Centre on time of transfer.
– For a transfer one year from the original wedding date, a £200 fee will occur.
– For a transfer less than one year but more than 6 months from the original wedding date, a £225 fee will occur.
– For a transfer less than 6 months from the original date, a £350 fee will occur.
– No transfers are considered less than 12 weeks from the original date.
All transfers must be forwarded to The Centre in writing.